Designer: Varian Brandon
Familiars are the animal helpers for the magical folk. In the Appalachian mountains, they can take the form of a deer or a rabbit or even a bear. These creatures are hidden among the foliage and leafy decorations worked into the Familiars shawl. Look closely.
They are there . . . watching . . . waiting . . . learning what they can of those who pass by.
This rectangular colorwork shawl is worked in the round using ten shades of Elemental Affects Shetland fingering-weight yarn. The charts are based on 18th century European needlework and steek stiches are used to keep the right side of the project always facing the knitter.
- Kit includes:
- 11-page - printed Shawl Pattern ($30 value)
- 27 skeins Elemental Affects Shetland yarn in 10 shades
- Custom logo'd project bag
- Private links to 3 instructional videos created specially for this project.
- Sizes: 100% North American Shetland Wool
- Skein Size: 1 oz (28 grams) with approximately 115 yards each skein
- approximately 90.25 inches x 20.5" (229 cm x 52 cm) blocked